Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Jimmy Deuchars. Final comment before Scottish election.

This is the last comment i will make as candidate for the 'All Scotland Pensioners Party' and i would like to thank everyone who has helped our campaign. If I am elected I promise the Scottish Parliament will know I am there. I will do my utmost to bring about what I have working for these past years.

My special commitment is a subject that is always close to my heart, which is the welfare of our children, it is the main reason as a grandparent I keep trying to "Bring Families Together"

The role Grandparents play in a child's life must be recognised to the fullest as it is criminal for governments (and I have accused them of this) not to use every means possible for children’s protection. The Charter for Grandchildren should be mandatory as a government realised the need to create it but did not have the guts to make it legal.

Every member of a child’s family that has an interest should be relevant and invited to Family Group Conferences where Mediation should be readily available. Families should be encouraged to sort out family disputes with the best interest of children at the core. These resources should be adequately funded. The best interests of the child should be redefined as it is being manipulated to suit the interests of professionals and social services alike. False accusations and alienating members of a child’s family without good reason should be an offence and punishable by law.

 Disabled people are finding it very difficult to access places. I can verify personally a whole list of disabled rules that are being ignored. They should be tightened up.

‘Wisdom not Folly’ is what we ned for a fairer better society.

Jimmy Deuchars

1 comment: