Pages

Thursday 28 April 2011

Jimmy tries to get arrested at Silverburn Centre Pollok Glasgow.

George Galloway would have been proud of me.


Silverburn Centre Pollok Glasgow

I was at Silverburn today handing out leaflets for the All Scotland Pensioners Party and was approached by a security guard who said I was not allowed to hand out leaflets for a political party as the centre was private property. I agreed not to hand out leaflets but told him I was waiting on my wife to come out of Debenhams.

As I was waiting another security guard approached me and said I was on camera and being watched. I said “so what I’m waiting on my wife” you will have to move said the guard.  By this time I was getting pissed off and said I am not moving. I am waiting for my wife. Phone the cops if you like I have people here to take photos of it.

Then a manager of some sort came up to me and told me to move. I said no, so get me arrested. He got on the phone and a couple of moments later my wife turned up and I got a belt in the ear and she made me move. We started to leave. As we were leaving the Manager George Reader and a beefcake female minder stopped me and pleasantly said he had come down to meet me and I needed permission to hand out leaflets. I said well give me permission just now. No you will need to write in. What’s the difference?  I told him I did contact them by phone and I did not get a reply and I have also written to them about a day for Grandparents Apart UK stall but was ignored. It was a complete hassle I thought I could not wait for Margaret to finish her shopping.

He refused to have me arrested and offered me his card to write in. Can you imagine me getting permission now?  Anyway the people in the centre were telling me that they had all got my leaflets through the post that morning so I don’t need to go near Silverburn now at all.

Onward to the next battle.

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment